Poor oral health can lead to a host of health problems for your pet that can be painful and, in some cases, even life-threatening. This is why it is important to purchase an effective toothbrush for your Cavapoo or doodle and to brush your dog’s teeth at least 2-3 times per week. There are many dog toothbrushes to choose from, therefore, a variety of different toothbrushes that are targeted for small breeds are the best products to consider.
Cavapoos and doodles are best suited for toothbrushes that are small to medium length on the brush head. You can use either a finger brush or a more traditional-sized toothbrush when cleaning your doodle’s teeth.
In this article, we will offer suggestions of the top 5 best toothbrushes to consider purchasing for your doodle. It is important to invest in a good toothbrush, but you will also want to ensure that your doodle’s toothbrush meets certain important features corresponding to the mouth size of small dogs.
Read on to find out which 5 toothbrushes are the best for doodle breeds.
Best Dog Toothbrushes for Cavapoos and Doodles
Prymal Pets Bamboo Dog Toothbrush (Top Pick)No products found.
Cavapoos and doodles typically like to soothe their teeth by chewing on anything and everything they can find. That’s why it isn’t uncommon for plaque to build up fairly quickly. Sadly, it can get difficult to find the right toothbrush for keeping their oral health in check.
This is because your dog’s dental layout isn’t exactly the same as yours, and it can be difficult to get into those hard-to-reach areas and sharp edges. For this reason, it takes a reliable brush to keep your Cavapoos teeth and gums as clean as possible.
Thankfully, you can protect your dog by helping them maintain their oral well-being. This innovative set of bamboo toothbrushes features two heads (one small and one large) to help with brushing hard-to-reach areas.
Unlike other plastic pet brushes on the market, this company uses sustainably sourced bamboo and soft bristles that don’t contain BPA (Bisphenol A) or other harmful chemicals. Each toothbrush is made with the environment in mind, so you don’t have to worry about harming Mother Nature with disposable brushes anymore.
The biggest problem with plastic brushes is that they’re often flimsy and difficult to hold especially when your hands get wet. With a Cavapoo, their attention can wander off to practically anything else going on in the background, therefore, a strong and durable brush is needed. This dog toothbrush has an extra-long 8.5-inch wood handle, that helps you grasp it better so you can get the job done more efficiently. It’s also made with tough bamboo that won’t easily break.
This product receives our top pick because it is a great way to remain environmentally conscious while also keeping your doodle’s teeth healthy.
- Made with eco-conscious materials. The long handle is made from natural bamboo and the nylon bristles don’t contain any BPA for your pet’s safety.
- This double-sided dog toothbrush has a long, ergonomic bamboo handle that gives you a better grasp. You also have more control over the brush, so you can be as thorough as possible.
- This dog toothbrush is not only made of sustainably sourced material, but it’s also incredibly sturdy.
- It’s designed to withstand heavy use and fight off plaque.
- Whether you have a Cavapoo or any other doodle breed, this toothbrush’s double heads can do the job. Each head is designed to clean canine teeth of every shape and size.
- Each set comes with 4 toothbrushes.
- The bamboo can start to mold if left in moist environments for too long.
- Your dog may want to chew the wood if they can access the brush.
No products found.
If you are more of a fan of disposable toothbrushes, then this set by Bodhi Dog is of decent quality and comes with 50 brushes. The unique super soft and gentle dual-ended long toothbrush, makes administering oral care for your Cavapoo or doodle of all sizes an easy, comfortable, and pleasant experience for you both.
To keep your pet’s teeth and gums healthy, veterinarians recommend regular brushing in order to reduce tartar and plaque buildup thereby preventing cavities, tooth decay, gingivitis, gum disease, gum redness, and infection, inflamed painful gums, and other oral issues.
This is also a good idea since regular brushing can eliminate odor-causing bacteria that cause stinky, smelly, and foul dog breath.
To use, place a small dab of toothpaste onto the toothbrush. Gently put your finger inside your pet’s cheek and use a small circular motion and brush along with the teeth and gum line. Feel free to brush thoroughly but also maintain a soft and steady motion without pressing down too hard. Simply throw the brush away when finished.
- With super soft bristles, you will be able to gently remove debris and plaque from your pet’s mouth without causing any harm or discomfort.
- With two different-sized heads, these toothbrushes provide a simple way to combat gingivitis, tartar buildup, and bad breath.
- Dual-Ended long toothbrush is angled and narrow which means it is easy to maneuver and allows for a deep clean for those hard-to-reach areas in your pet’s mouth.
- This toothbrush allows for an easier way for you to administer a thorough professional quality cleaning.
- Uses premium pet safe materials that offer safe and professional cleaning for your pet.
- The bristles are not durable enough to use twice.
- Bristles are not soft so you must use extra care to keep from hurting the dog’s gums.
No products found.
Sometimes, a dual-ended toothbrush is best to get at those hard-to-reach areas inside of a doodle’s mouth. Pet Republique’s brushes are made from high-quality materials; the hardness of the bristles is tested and controlled to lower the risk of harming your dog, yet optimize the effect of brushing off the grime and tartar.
This package comes in a set of 6 toothbrushes, with two colors to choose from so you can assign them when you have more than one dog. The dual-headed dental hygiene brushes give you a small brush and a large brush on the two ends of one brush. This design simplifies the process of switching between different tools when cleaning different areas of your pet’s mouth.
The narrow and 8-1/2 inches long handle makes it easy to brush the deep areas of the mouth, which works well for both small and large breed dogs, if you happen to have a larger dog in your family as well.
The standout feature of this toothbrush is certainly the dual-ended handle; it is important to be able to have a smaller set of bristles if you need to scrub certain teeth more forcefully to remove grime, as well as the regular bristle end to focus on the front teeth.
- These dual-headed dental hygiene brushes give you a small brush and a large brush on the two ends of one brush.
- The design simplifies the process of switching between different tools when cleaning different areas of your dog’s mouth.
- The long handle makes it easy to brush inside the mouth and works for both small and large breeds of dog.
- This package comes in a set of 6 toothbrushes, which is good for one year when brushing becomes a daily routine for a dog.
- If you are not satisfied for any reason you can contact Pet Republique through your order history and they will replace it or issue you a full refund.
- Bristles wear down after about a week of use.
- Bristles may be a bit too large for small breeds doodles such as a Cavapoo but will work great for larger breeds such as Labradoodles.
No products found.
It may surprise you to know that there are actually electric toothbrushes that you can use for your dog. This product by FOKOME features one layer of nylon bristles combined with silica gel auxiliary bristles to avoid gum bleeding caused by excessive brushing.
The innovative 360 encapsulated three-dimensional brush head features 3 in1 functions for tooth cleaning, tongue cleaning, and gum massage while also making it possible to reach difficult areas.
The standout feature of this electric brush is the interval pausing every 60 seconds to remind you to move to the next tooth area. Additionally, you can also use the automatic memory function that switches to the most recent use mode after restarting the machine.
Best of all, this electric model is waterproof, and the entire toothbrush can be rinsed with water both safely and conveniently. This toothbrush may be considered overkill to some doodle owner’s, but if you like to finish the job in a hurry while still maintaining optimal oral cleaning efficiency for your dog, getting an electric toothbrush specially made for dogs can prove to be a worthwhile investment.
- Features 3 modes of vibration in the range of 27,000-32,000 strokes per minute.
- Features interval pausing every 60 seconds to remind you to move to the next tooth area.
- Provides higher cleaning efficiency than ordinary pet toothbrushes.
- Effective in eliminating dog’s bad breath, reducing tartar buildup, and plaque.
- Bristles are 100% silicone, BPA-free.,
- The large handle of the T1 dog toothbrush allows a better grip on the toothbrush and is less likely to slide and fall off than a normal toothbrush.
- Could be too abrasive for smaller breeds like doodles if you use it more than once a week.
- Vibration may cause stress to your dog.
No products found.
Sometimes, it can be helpful to trust a brand that has been around with proven results for decades, and Arm & Hammer pet supplies certainly fit the bill.
This convenient fresh breath kit features toothpaste formulated with natural ingredients that work as a dog breath freshener to fight and reduce tartar buildup, and whitens and brightens your dog’s teeth.
This toothbrush is basic and comes with no bells and whistles, yet it is designed to be effective in cleaning your dog’s teeth and removing harmful plaque and tartar. If you brush your dog’s teeth every day, you may have to purchase this product more frequently than you expect, but the trusted brand name and inclusion of toothpaste and a brush is super convenient.
- Dog dental kit is gentle yet effective in reducing tartar buildup, eliminating dog’s bad breath, and whitening and brightening your dog’s teeth.
- Natural ingredients ensure optimal dental health for your dog with a tasty beef flavor he or she will love.
- For first-time brushers, put a small amount of toothpaste on your finger and invite the dog to lick it off and then slowly progress to rubbing your finger along the gum line and teeth.
- For best results, brush 2-3 times per week.
- Toothpaste is infused with baking soda for a safe, gentle, and effective way to care for your dog’s teeth.
- The included toothpaste may not appeal to all breeds.
- The toothbrush is very basic.
How to choose a toothbrush for your dog
Keep these important details in mind when shopping for a toothbrush for your Cavapoo or doodle:
- Size of bristles. The size of the brush head or bristles is important when shopping for a toothbrush for breeds like Cavapoos and doodles. You will need to purchase a toothbrush that is designed to clean teeth effectively inside of a smaller and more compact skull. A longer toothbrush will simply be too much to try and comfortably fit inside of a doodle’s teeth cavities.
- Dual-head or finger brush. Some smaller breeds of dog will respond better to finger brushes, yet there are some drawbacks when using these more simple designs since they cannot clean a dog’s teeth as thoroughly. Therefore, a dual-headed brush may prove to be a better model since both ends of the toothbrush feature targeted bristles that can work well for different parts of your dog’s teeth walls.
- Quality of bristles. Lastly, it is important to choose bristles that are going to last but that are also are going to be comfortable when scraping against your dog’s teeth. If the bristles are too rough, this can damage the gums of your dog and possibly lead to gum irritation. It is best to choose soft bristles that are also of durable quality to ensure comfort and effectiveness when brushing your dog’s teeth.
Is a finger brush or toothbrush better for dogs?
It really depends on how well your dog responds to having their teeth cleaned in the first place. If your dog simply cannot stand to have a toothbrush in its mouth for too long, there are at least some benefits to be had from applying toothpaste to a simple finger brush and brushing the product along with your dog’s teeth. This will ensure that the benefits from the toothpaste will absorb into your dog’s teeth.
But a toothbrush is the better option due to the plaque and tartar removing abilities of the bristles when you apply them to the teeth and scrub. Finger brushes cannot target the teeth and between teeth as effectively as a regular toothbrush designed to be used on dog teeth.
How can I clean my dog’s teeth naturally?
There are many ways in which you can clean your dog’s teeth naturally. The first way is to add some oral health-boosting, dog-friendly fruits and vegetables to your dog’s diet. Carrot, apple, and squash are all dog-friendly foods that can actually work to remove tartar and plaque build-up on your dog’s teeth.
Additionally, you can also consider using dog treats that are branded as helpful for oral health to replace any of the meatier snacks that you may be feeding your dog. A product like Greenies is excellent for both your dog’s overall health as well as for cleaning and keeping teeth healthy.
What is the black stuff on dogs’ teeth?
We already know that brushing your dog’s teeth is an important procedure of overall care. Grime and tartar that can have a black appearance not only cause bad breath but can also result in the loss of teeth and more serious dental hygiene issues.
Bad teeth can lead to life-threatening and painful infections; these infections can damage the kidneys, heart, and liver. By regularly brushing your dog’s teeth, you will help to boost the health, happiness, and longevity of your canine and keep the black grime off of their teeth.
In summary, this article has displayed five of the very best toothbrushes to consider for use with your Cavapoo or doodle. It takes trial and error to find a toothbrush that will match your dog’s preference, but always be sure to scrub your dog’s teeth slowly and thoroughly instead of forcefully and quickly.
Cavapoos and doodles should ideally have their teeth cleaned at least 2-3 times per week with once per week being the bare minimum. You can choose from a wide variety of toothbrushes as seen above, and you can even consider trying out an electric toothbrush if your dog can handle the vibration. Any of these toothbrushes is sure to get the job done.